These articles feature research conducted by the Unclaimed Persons team.
- Scranton Times-Tribune - January 23, 2011 - "The unclaimed keep their secrets in search for next of kin" by Jeremy G. Burton
- Tonic - January 3, 2011 - "Unclaimed Persons: Genealogists Help Coroners Locate Next-of-Kin" by Josie Raymond
- Spot.Us - March 14, 2010 - "Unclaimed Kin in Los Angeles Piling Up" by Liana Aghajanian
- The Post and Courier - July 13, 2009 - "Genealogists help coroners find families" by Wevonneda Minis
- The San Bernardino Sun - February 15, 2009 - "Sadness, reality attach themselves to unclaimed persons list" by Stacia Glenn
- St. Petersburg Times - February 13, 2009 - "Man killed by driver in DUI case is Tampa's latest unclaimed body" by Drew Harwell, Times Staff Writer
San Diego Union-Tribune - February 3, 2009 - "Answers found in county push to identify the nameless dead."
by David Hasemyer
- Ancestry January/February 2009 article - Found! Unclaimed Persons ( PDF)
- Ancestry Magazine, September/October 2008 - Facing Beyond the Grave.
- What Medical Examiners, Coroners and Investigators say about working with Unclaimed Persons
Additional articles about the Unclaimed Persons Situation